7th Conference on Real Numbers and Computers (RNC 7)
LORIA, Nancy, France
July 10–12, 2006
RNC 7 — Real Numbers and Computers 2006
July 10–12, 2006
Call for Papers
|Submission of manuscripts:||February 22, 2006|
|Notification of acceptance:||April 22, 2006|
|Revised papers required by:||May 15, 2006|
|Conference:||July 10-12, 2006|
The aim of the symposia on “Real Numbers and Computers” is to bring together specialists from various research areas, all concerned with problems related to computations based on real numbers. These computations may use any number system implemented by a software package or in hardware including floating and fixed point, integers, rational or p-adic numbers, serial or on-line computations, continued fractions, fixed or multiple precision, interval and stochastic arithmetic.
Results are sought on both applied and fundamental questions. Important topics discussed during these conferences include but are not limited to:
- Foundation and properties of number systems
- Computability and complexity
- Formal aspects and automatic proof checking
- Links with number theory and automata theory
- Basic arithmetic operations
- Implementation of the standard and special functions
- Symbolic manipulation of numbers
- Accuracy and reliability for applications and industry
- Robust geometric algorithms and exact geometric computation
- Hardware design support and implementations
The conference will feature invited lectures and contributed talks. Original research results and insightful analyses of current concerns are solicited for submission. Survey and tutorial articles may be suitable for submission if clearly identified as such.
Instructions for how to submit are posted on the website of the conference. The proceedings will be distributed at the conference.